Friday, May 25, 2007

Geoff and I made our first trip without Lily this month. On May 15 we left Lily with my mom and drove up to Door County for two days. We stayed at Blacksmith Inn on the Shore in Baily's Harber (I highly recommend it!), and we had a great time. And I only called home two or three times each day!

While we were there we did wine tastings at two different wineries (and left with a total of 12 bottles of wine). We rode a tandem bike to a lighthouse and back to the Inn. Our friends, Kate and Jeff, have a baby store in Door County, so we stopped to check it out and buy a present for Lily. We ate out and took advantage of what little nightlife Door County has to offer in the off-season. It was an amazing trip, but we're glad to be back home with Lily.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I think it's so cool that you guys did this. I remember you mentioning before how important it is to put your marriage first, and it's nice to see that it really is possible. Gives me hope for myself! :p

Jeff and Heidi said...

I am glad that you were able to get away together! I have heard only good things about Door County - I really need to get over there!
~Heidi

Anonymous said...

I have spent a significant amount of time in Door County and if there is a place to get away as a couple, you chose well! Great photos overall on the site. Thanks for sharing. Brad